J-Type Heritage

Introduced in 1948 at the Commercial Motor Show at Earls Court, the J-Type van soon became an instant icon within the transport industry. The J-Type’s uses were endless, from goods transport vans, to postal vehicles, milk floats¬† and military service vehicles.

The J-type was fitted with a 1476 cc four-cylinder side-valve engine based on the one used in the contemporary Morris Oxford car. Drive to the rear wheels was through a three-speed gearbox and initially a spiral bevel type rear axle, later replaced by a hypoid type. The van was updated to the JB in 1957 when an overhead valve 1489 cc, BMC B-Series engine was fitted along with a four-speed gearbox.

Unfortunately the J-Type ceased production in 1961, but this caused a slow, powerful increase in market desire for a product revival.


Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Inetpub\vhosts\morris-commercial.com\httpdocs/wp-content/https://i2.wp.com/www.morris-commercial.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CarTease.png?fit=1400%2C588) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\morris-commercial.com\httpdocs\) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\morris-commercial.com\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\revslider\includes\slide.class.php on line 100

Enter your e-mail below to join us in celebrating the rebirth of an icon

Share the News