Chief Programme Engineer
Chief Programme Engineer
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set out to revive the historic British Icon, the Morris J Type, with state of the art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles with the timeless iconic, original Morris Commercial design, heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and a proven track record in vehicle body engineering, preferably in the light commercial vehicle/car sector. The successful candidate must be passionate about cars with strong beliefs in the future of electric vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the vehicle life cycle development through concept to engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1 to quality, cost , time and technical targets
- Direction and Leadership of project team, suppliers and contractor to associated programmes and relevant part of the design.
- Presentation of the project status, issues and proposed solutions and action plan to executive management.
- Overseeing and development of junior project managers
- Professional representation to external suppliers and customers
- Utilisation and development of the company’s new model. Introduce delivery processes
- Multiple Project management control and prioritisation of resources
- Extensive knowledge and experience of total vehicle engineering, with hands on demonstration of a number of project deliveries
- Team Leader recognition from peers
- Supplier management and negotiation demonstrated successfully
- Ideally qualified to degree level
- Excellent IT skills and high aptitude in numeric and verbal skills
- Dedication and commitment to the role, highly self-motivated and capable of galvanising others to action. Resilient and adaptable to change
- Very strong communication at all levels in the organisation, good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Constantly striving for an improved way of working
- Process orientated, flexible and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong general management skills
- Excellent and realistic risk management capability, able to recognise issues and deal with them quickly and effectively.
- Strong planning and target setting skills, followed by implementation and post delivery review
- Passionate about protecting the environment and believing in the electric revolution within the automotive industry