Vehicle Body Engineering Leader
Vehicle Body (Exterior and Interior) Engineering Leader
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set to revive the historic British Icon Morris Commercial with state of art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles and with timeless iconic original Morris Commercial design heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and proven track record in vehicle body engineering. Preferably within the light commercial vehicle/car sector. The successful candidate must be passionate about cars with strong beliefs in the future of the electric vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the vehicle life cycle development through concept to engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1
- Responsible for setting up and managing the complete body in white/black development strategy and programme details that meet the timing, budget and vehicle weight and performance criteria.
- Select, validate, engage, and manage suppliers and contractor for associated programmes and relevant parts of the design
- Responsible for the delivery of the body and (interior preferred) design including the FEA and certification and integration to the vehicle, from design to prototype build to production.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering degree qualification or equivalent experience
- Extensive vehicle body design engineering experience including structure, components, closure and FEA etc.
- Supplier coordination and project management experience
- Broad automotive engineering and manufacturing knowledge
- Expensive supply chain management & negotiation experience
- Good knowledge and experience in composite is an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills and mindset and proven record in meeting deadlines
- Good skill in Catia V5/6, Catia 3D Experience and other relevant design software. Ability not only to design the components but also to build complete models
- Broad vehicle design experience such as packaging, interior etc will be an advantage
- Professional, credible, and responsible
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results and highest standards
- Resilient and adaptable to changes
- Passionate about environment and believing in the electric revolution of the automotive industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas
- Able to maintain highest level of confidentiality in all aspect of work