Vehicle System Engineering and Supplier Intergrations Leader
Vehicle System Engineering and Supplier Integrations Leader
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set to revive the historic British Icon Morris Commercial with state of art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles and with timeless iconic original Morris Commercial design heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship. We are looking for a highly capable and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and proven track record in vehicle system engineering and supplier integration and management preferably in commercial vehicle/car sector. The successful candidate must be passionate about cars with a strong belief in the future of the electric vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate the vehicle life cycle development through concept to engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1
- Working within a small engineering team to define all system requirements and the best route for the system and parts.
- Select, validate, and engage suppliers for relevant parts and associated programmes.
- Liaise with suppliers and manage the progress to meet the timing, specification, and engineering requirement.
- Negotiate the commercial terms for relevant engineering development contracts and parts suppliers
- Responsible for the quality, online delivery development programs and components.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Automotive design engineering programme and project management experience
- Broad automotive engineering and manufacturing knowledge
- Extensive supply chain management & negotiation experience
- Knowledge of BOM cost and supplier contracts
- Strong problem-solving skills, mindset, and proven record in meeting deadlines
- Ability to use engineering design software such as Catia and/or equivalent
- Ability to use project management software and Microsoft Office
- Professional, credible, and responsible
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results
- Resilient and adaptable
- Passionate about the environment and believing in the electric revolution of the automotive industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas